Your wedding planning checklist, the countdown is on!
08 December 2017 08:00
We know when it comes to planning your special day, it can be pretty daunting and there is always the thought in the back of your mind 'have I forgot anything?'
Fear no more, from Yes to I Do - here is a general guideline to help you on the way, a breakdown of the biggest and littlest tasks to create the magical day you have been dreaming of.
12 months before
- Choose wedding date
- Start wedding file
- Decide on a wedding budget
- Choose your bridal party
- Select your venue
- Start shopping for your wedding gown!
- Start your guest list
8 – 10 months before
- Decide on bridesmaids dresses
- Contact photographer
- Hire DJ or band
- Finalise your guest list
- Shop wedding stationary
- Send out your Save the Date
4 - 7 months before
- Select wedding cake
- Book florist
- Send out invitations
- Shop for wedding bands
- Begin preparations for the Honeymoon
3 months before
- Select suits
- Discuss menus and options with your caterers
- Arrange transportation
- Order wedding favours
2 months before
- Choose wedding music
- Try your wedding dress on and start alterations
- Bridesmaids alterations
- Confirm order with florist
1 month before
- Choose your wedding accessories
- 2nd wedding dress fitting
- Call any non-RSVP’s
- Confirm numbers with caterers
- Have hair and make-up trail
- Discuss and finalise ay final details with your venue
2 weeks before
- Have final wedding dress fitting
- Give DJ or band list of songs
- Confirm rehearsal plans
- Complete floor and table plan
1 week before
- Make any last minute adjustments
- Pick up wedding dress and bridesmaids dresses
- Pickup suits
- Visit venue and confirm any final decorations etc.
- Confirm arrival times for hair and make-up/ transport / Photographer / DJ, Band etc.
1 day before
- Pack wedding day emergency kit
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Put all wedding attire and accessories together
- Give rings to best man
- Eat something, avoid sugars and caffeine
- Hair and Make up
- Ask the groomsmen to check the reception, all in place!
- And most importantly, enjoy those last few hours being a Miss with your family and friends… finally make your way to your ceremony.